In this project, you will be using real COVID data to explore the relationship between rates of vaccination and rates of death for a variety of states in the USA. After you gather some data, you will create models(graph, equations) and then use calculus to assess the accuracy of your models.
1. Go to Mayo Clinic Vaccination Tracker.
Just above the map of the United States, select “fully vaccinated.” Then hover your mouse over a state to reveal the percent of that state who are fully vaccinated.
Select 5 states and complete the first two columns of the table below:
State in USA
% fully vaccinated
Total number of
2. Now go to COVID Data Tracker
Use the tool to find the total number of deaths for each of the states you selected in #1. Use the most recent date that is available to complete the third column in the table from #1.
3. Using your complete table, create a Scatter Diagram of the data. In other words, plot your (x,y) data pairs in the Cartesian Plane (x/y coordinate axis system).
• Be sure to scale each axis consistently.• Be sure to label what each axis is measuring, in words.
4. Write the equation of a linear function that “fits” the data in your Scatter Diagram as closely as possible.
• In other words, choose two (x,y) data pairs so that a line passing through those two pairs comes as close to the overall data set as possible. • Write the equation of a line passing through the two (x,y) data pairs you chose. Be sure to show all your work. • Do not just get the equation from software. Find the equation “by hand.”• There is a video posted in the Project #1 Module in Canvas if you need help with this.
5. Next, write the equation of a quadratic function that “fits” the data as closely as possible.
• You will again choose two (x,y) data pairs, or three pairs if you do not have a vertex. You do not need to use the same pairs you used in #4. Choose pairs that you think will make the equation fit the data, keeping in mind this may be very imperfect, depending on the shape of the data. • Show your work in detail. Do not just use software to get the equation.• If you need help with this, check out the video in our Canvas Project #1 Module.
6. Now write the equation of an exponential function that “fits” the data as closely as possible.
• You will again choose two (x,y) data pairs. You do not need to use the same pairs you used in #4 and #5. Choose pairs that you think will make the equation fit the data, keeping in mind this may be very imperfect, depending on the shape of the data. • Show your work in detail. Do not just use software to get the equation.• If you need help with this, check out the video in our Canvas Project #1 Module.
7. Now you are going to test each model (function).
A. Evaluate your linear function at the x-value forone of the states in your table. Compare the y-value of your function to the y-value in the table. How accurate was your function? B. Find the derivative of your linear function at the x-value for the same state you chose in part A. C. By going back to COVID Data Tracker, find the actual rate of change in deaths for the two most recent dates available for the state you’ve chosen. Compare this to the value of the derivative from part B. How accurate was your derivative function?D. Repeat parts A, B & C for your quadratic function.E. Repeat parts A, B & C for your exponential function.
8. Based on your work in #7, which of your three models is the most accurate model and why?
9. Using your model that is most accurate, evaluate the limit of the derivative of your function as “x” approaches 100 % fully vaccinated. Does the value of that limit seem accurate to you? Explain why or why not.
10. No mathematical model is perfectly accurate. As conditions change, models need to change. Discuss at least 3 conditions that might affect the accuracy of your models? In other words, what are at least 3 factors that might change how many total deaths there are from COVID?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Graduate Assistants, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Graduate Assistants has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Graduate Assistants, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.