Coursework writing is another way of learning various skills by writing about certain topics. Coursework includes a lot of activities such as.
Coursework writing is a task given by the teachers to make sure that their students don’t lag behind anyone in skill development. Coursework writing is a kind of assignment in which students need to do a lot of research and practice about the topic and then they need to write down everything that they found after practicing and researching the topic. And according to the written assignments, the students are then given marks which are combined with other exams to make the final percentage of the student.
Types of Coursework
English Language coursework is the most common type of this assignment. At advanced GCE level, the student will be expected to write a couple of essays, totaling 3,000 words. Every assignment is 20 marks maximum.
An analytical essay
Evaluate, compare, & contrast 3 different sources of data interconnected by a common theme; written /spoken / multimedia content. Discuss different uses for targeting various audiences.
Original essay with a supportive commentary
A student will have to come up with a single piece of media writing in the observed modes (written, spoken, or multimodal). Add a supporting piece with details about the aspects of English language. English Language & Literature coursework is a bit different. The basic requirements are the same, and the parts are:
An analytical study
Sharing an analysis of the chosen piece and its relation to the related content. It will show how well the writer understands the original piece. Tutors grade such works based on the:
- Use of the proper terminology and the coherence of the written words;
- Understanding & evaluation of the way a structure, form, and language create the written & spoken word;
- Opportunity to observe relationships between various pieces of writing.
Creative writing & commentary
Produce a creative piece that imitates the style of the assessed text. Share comments to backup your understanding. The goal is to show the knowledge, prove the competence, and use appropriate language skills in communicating with the target audience. You will also need a relevant coursework resume (review) in both cases. Keep on reading to learn how to write coursework of A level.
How to Write a Coursework: Guide for Students
Several factors may lead to the coursework being disqualified. It is a serious matter! The risk factors include:
- Plagiarism – it is the worst thing that could happen to any type of academic assignment. Lots of relevant information is available on the world wide web today, and the tutors are strict about the issue of plagiarism. Write everything in your own words! If you decide to insert the quotes from the sources, apply the suggested citation format and develop a list of references. Sign the declaration claiming it is your original project.
- Word count – do not ignore the specific requirements concerning the length of the coursework. Specify if the footnotes, appendices, & references are included in the word count.
- Topics – go through the list of available themes. If there is an examination planned on the specific topic, try to pick another idea for the coursework.
- Tutor’s assistance – do not ignore the help of your instructor, ask them to provide guidance on what to write. Ask the questions to learn more details, but keep in mind they can go through the 1st draft once and just offer some general recommendations.